Purchasing a home during the Covid 19 Crisis – how can you go through the process yet stay safe from the coronavirus? In this episode of the Experience Flagstaff Podcast, we take a look at pros and cons of buying a home now. We also talk about the Virtual Home Buyer Program that we at Team Three 23 are using with our buyers to keep them safe. Also in this episode, we talk about the current real estate market statistics for Flagstaff, AZ.
Listen to the Experience Flagstaff Podcast here:
Episode 12 Overview:
Jacki starts by talking about the current real estate market. This episode highlights Flagstaff residential real estate activity between March 23-30, 2020. These statistics come from the Northern Arizona MLS.
Flagstaff Real Estate Market Update:
- Homes sold – 33
- New Listings – 26
- Pending – 10
- Taken off market – 14
- Back on Market – 15
- Current active listings – 439
After giving market update, Jacki dives into the main topic of this week’s episode:
Buying a Home During the Covid-19 Crisis.
In this episode, Jacki highlights the process of Team Three 23’s virtual home buying program:
- Virtual buyer consultation. We usually like to start the buyer process off with an in-office meeting. But now, we’re meeting with you as the buyer either by Zoom or by phone for that first buyer consultation. This is where we learn more about you, your wants/must-have lists, and more. We also educate you on the process of buying a home in Arizona.
- MLS search – Start shopping for your home online. We also set you up on an MLS portal so you can keep track of what homes are available that meet your criteria at any given moment.
- Virtual Tours – Many listings now are using virtual tours that give you the ability to navigate through the home and gives you a 360 degree view of the home. If there isn’t one being offered on a listing you’re interested in, we at Team Three 23 will go to the property and provide you with a video tour.
- Electronic signing session – All offer documents can be signed virtually using e-sign technology.
- Open Escrow – Documents are virtually submitted to title and lender. To deposit your earnest money, you will either wire your funds from your bank to title. Or most title companies right now are offering the ability to deposit your earnest money check by downloading their app and depositing the check much like you make deposits on your banking app.
- Inspections – Hire the home inspector, pest company, and any other inspections needed. A detailed report will be provided to you.
- Signing documents – There are several options on how to sign necessary documentation that need to be notarized. You are able to make an appointment to sign in person or to have a mobile notary come to your home. Jacki talks about the safety precautions being taken in these circumstances. Also, many title companies are now using RON (Remote Online Notary). This gives you a completely virtual ability to have documents signed and notarized. This isn’t always an option, as some lenders are not accepting documents signed in this manner. But due to the Covid-19 crisis, there are many who are accepting these documents. If you’re just beginning the process, you may want to find a lender who is utilizing this technology.
- Welcome home! We can even provide the keys in a lockbox at the home. We’ll sanitize the keys prior to locking them up – so all you have to do is show up, open the lockbox, and you’re home!
Connect with Jacki Tait, Co-Lead Agent for Team Three 23 – 602-904-3454
Connect with Stacey Ehrenreich, Co-Lead Agent for Team Three 23 – 928-606-1051
Connect with Sarah Taylor, REALTOR with Team Three 23 – 928-607-3015
Connect with Art Wilder, REALTOR with Team Three 23 – 928-202-0824
Connect with Mario Banda, REALTOR with Team Three 23 – 928-606-2077
Listen to the latest episode of Experience Flagstaff here: